How much does a modular building cost?
If you need to expand your school premises with extra rooms, a modular building is an affordable and flexible way to do this. Dependent on the specification, a modular classroom costs anywhere between £30,000 for a basic model, right up to £200,000 for a larger space with all the mod cons (all figures are exclusive of VAT). Of course, as every project is built to your very own specification, these are general guideline prices. Flexible and built to your specific requirements, you can even specify size and optional add-ons required.
Our standard specification
Whatever your requirements, you can expect the following features to be included as standard:
- A fully finished modular building, with all interior plastering, decorating and external cladding complete. Once we’ve finished work, you’ll be ready to move in.
- Western red cedar cladding, a natural and maintenance-free timber from sustainably sourced forests. You’ll have a beautiful and robust exterior that requires no upkeep.
- Hardwearing aluminium windows and doors. We manufacture all of our windows and doors so you are guaranteed a high quality and robust product. What’s more, all our windows and doors are made from 90% recycled material.
- Structurally insulated panels (SIPS). These are an eco-friendly form of building material that allows for off-site construction. You’ll benefit from swift assembly and superior insulation.
- Rapid foundation systems. On modular buildings less than 30m2 (and some buildings larger than this depending on the structural needs), our modular foundation system is quick and non-invasive, allowing your chosen design to be erected in days rather than weeks.
- Durable and long lasting roof. Whether pitched or mono-pitched, we can offer a variety of roofing finishes guaranteed for up to 20 years and expected to last up to 50 years.
Custom built to meet your needs
- Kitchen and / or bathroom facilities – either integrated with your mains system or separate and “off-grid”
- Electricity and connectivity
- Electrical extras, including integrated phone systems, air conditioning
- Extra rooms or storage areas
- Large size. For example, a classroom housing 30 pupils may cost in the region of £70-80,000.
- Alternative cladding options
- Sliding and folding doors
- Outdoor decking area
- Roof windows
- Living roofs
Whatever your requirements, we’ll design a modular building that meets and exceeds your expectations. Contact us for a free, no obligation quote!
If you’re worried about shelling out a lump sum to pay for your modular build all in one go, you may be interested in our tax efficient and competitive finance options. Spreading the cost of modular buildings over a number of years can be a convenient and cost-effective option that compares favourably to renting the extra space you need.